Sunday, January 7, 2018

Punctuated Equilibrium

Our attitude is what determines which information from the environment is allowed into the DNA to either reinforce its initial programming or to readjust that programming. Now, what I am not saying here is that the environment can actually physically change the sequences within our DNA. What I am suggesting however is that our attitude can activate hidden or dormant sequences already waiting inside our DNA. Through simply understanding one’s own patterns of suffering at a higher level, one simultaneously activates the higher frequency of that pattern, which in turn transforms one’s environment. It is not that one actually changes one’s environment, but one perceives it at a higher frequency, which changes one’s attractor patterns and leads to quantum leaps, both spiritually and materially.

-        Richard Rudd
                      

I used to get frustrated with the almost literal glacial pace of my personal evolution.  As I walk along this path I find that Turtle Medicine has been of great help.  I am much more relaxed about these things.   Whether it is the steady work, letting go of the conceptual and emotional basis for those reactions, or more than likely the synthesis of all of the work, really doesn’t matter.  But I was musing about something yesterday and I remembered a scientific hypothesis that I ran across years ago when I had a sudden interest in evolution – to know a bit more that I remembered from high school and a newer interest in genes.  (As a side note, I finally burned out on study but I found that for most the books I read the trail led back to a mutation.  Not only that but the mutations are random.  I couldn’t quite grasp that one but with HD and GK I have a different perspective on mutation).

Anyway, Punctuated Equilibrium was an explanation of a problem in evolution theory.   Darwin saw the slow and gradual process of evolution was a stepped process.  A species accumulated small variations over a long time period eventually resulting in a new species.  One of the problems was that the fossil record should have contained at a least a number of the intermediate forms but for the most part did not have the transitional forms.  (This is also often used as a case against evolution in general).   In the early Seventies an alternate explanation was suggested referred to as punctuated equilibrium.  Here a species stays generally stable over millions of years.  Then there is suddenly a rapid burst of change that results in a new species.  Few fossils would be found in that scenario.

I like that image for transformation.  The changes can be infinitely small – every breath.  But every once in while the accumulation suddenly alters consciousness.   Or at least it is brought to the point where we are aware of it.   Similar to a capacitor where the charges build up to a certain threshold and discharge.  Except I rarely have a surge of discharge.   In EFT the image sometimes used in treating an issue with many aspects is that of a table with a lot of legs.  You keep chopping away at the legs one at a time until the table topples.   Or the breakdown/breakthrough process.

Maybe one reason my “progress” is slow is that I don’t tend to do very specific work on issues.  For example, in my tea meditations, I rarely focus or contemplate on something that I want to resolve.  Yes, I do on occasion.  But I have found that I am led to where I need to go eventually.   For more focused work I have found that the ceremonial setting is more effective for me.  That is just my experience up to now.   But as I improve on watching my life I can see how those periods of nothing happening usually precede a new level of awareness.  As my awareness increases, I can also sense the changes happening underneath – portending something new coming. 

Punctuated equilibrium also reminded me of Design’s view of a tendency of Generators.  Once a Generator responds to an activity they have to go through the steps through every stage of development.  But without a motor connection to the Throat (where manifestation occurs) they hit plateaus of energy – they get energetically stuck.  They need to be initiated again by new input, insight or direction to respond to.    This process sounds like the same sort of wave form as punctuated equilibrium.

Of course none of that really matters except maybe to take away some unnecessary anxiety about it.  I for one do not seem to have much control over where I am being taken in this world.  Understanding the mechanics of the way we work doesn’t affect the content of our lives or our destinies.  Kind of helps ride the wave a little better though.

Blessings,
Charlie


No comments:

Post a Comment