Thursday, January 4, 2018

Introduction

We're living in a land of make-believe
And trying not to let it show
Maybe in that land of make-believe
Heartaches can turn into joy

Open all the shutters on your windows
Unlock all the locks upon your doors
Brush away the cobwebs from your daydreams
No secrets come between us anymore

-        The Land of Make Believe (Moody Blues)

Greetings,

Welcome to this experiment.  My first blogs were political – activated by concern over the Patriot Act passed hurriedly into law following 9/11.  The Second Patriot Act was an even bolder attack on civil liberties and fortunately was aborted due to exposure of its content.  But after year or so of intensely following the dangerous exploits of then President George W. Bush I realized the toxic effects that immersion in that world was having on me.  So I quit.  This particular blog was started in 2011 in my first attempt to repurpose the blogs.  But I lost interest as I began this phase of the Hero’s Journey.

I find myself at a new place and a premonition of a new phase of service emerging.  So this blog really has no purpose and the arc of its content and direction will be from where I am and also if there is any participation.  I am not worried about it.  It is an exploration.

In the community that I live in, OneDoorLand, the subtext to everything is Life is Art.  Living with musicians and artists can bring the pressure to do art.  But over time, it always comes back to my Life as Art.  This only serves to open up the channels and feel that urge to express and share through one’s unique perspective - to find my own art.  This is an experiment in that challenge.

So you are welcome to participate or not.  I will probably be wandering over the map unless or until a focus comes into view.   So until I return, blessings.

Charlie


No comments:

Post a Comment